Madison County Conservation Board provides unique, hands-on environmental education programs to all ages. We explore everything from the tiniest insects to the largest planets. As you make plans for kids’ activities, be sure to check out the EVENTS page on MyCountyParks.com. Be sure the change the date range to search for programs that have been added for the summer, etc. Registration is available online!
Environmental Education Programs offered:
- Monthly public programs are great way to do something as a family or with a friend. Programs include birding, hikes, learning new skills, and special presentations.
- Campfire programs take place during the camping season and usually include a live animal or a nature hike. Not just for campers!
- Camps for ages 3-15 are held throughout the year. These camps target topics through hikes, crafts, games, and snacks.
- Monthly travelling program takes the outside to you. This is a specially designed for nursing homes and other facilities.
- School programs where something studied can be brought in or brought to life with a hands-on activity.
- Field trips for all ages, whether it’s a school looking for an educational excursion or a club looking for trip.
- Special annual events such as the Halloween Hayrack Ride and the Middle River Cleanup are not to be missed.
- Scouts and 4H groups can call to set up programs to receive badges or learn new skills.
- Yearly trips are scheduled to visit a natural wonder. Tour guides and hotel included.
Scheduled public programs can be found on our website (when in season), and also on our Facebook Events page. Subscribe to our Old Oaks Blog for information about our programs sent directly by email. If you would like to set up a program for your class, club, scout group, 4H group, etc., call Amy (MCCB naturalist) at (515) 250-8274 or email her at email@example.com.